Welcome to the Rainy River Valley Agricultural Fall Fair on August 17-19, 2017 at the Fairgrounds in Emo, Ontario.
Rainy River Valley Agricultural Society
Anyone wishing to exhibit in the annual fair may pick up a Fair Book at the district municipal
offices or call Laura Haglin, Secretary/Treasurer at (807) 487-1888 to have one mailed to you.
Secretary will be at the Fairgrounds Office at the following times:
- Monday, August 14th after 4 pm to receive all livestock entries (late entries
will be charged $5 per animal)
- Monday, August 14th from
9:00 am until 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 15th from 9:00 am until
- Wednesday, August 16th from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
to sell memberships
- Fair office will be open 9:00 am to 9:00
pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (August 17-19).
The entry forms can be found at the back of the fair book. Fair books can
be obtained from the following locations:
- Rainy River = Rainy River Drug Store, Rainy River Municipal Office, Beaver Mills
- Manitou = JD Junction
- Emo = Emo Municipal Office, Service Ontario, Emo Feeds, Emo Drug Store, Hair & Body Care Shop
- Devlin = Dev-Lynn's, Devlin Municipal Office
- Fort Frances = Betty's, Fort Frances Times, Fort Frances General Supply, Fort Frances Library
- Couchiching = CC Complex
- ONLINE (SEE ABOVE)
Anyone wishing to purchase a membership or obtain books and tags may do so at the Fairgrounds Office. Entries
for ALL exhibits will be received at the Exhibition Hall on Wednesday, August 16th from 4:00 to 8:00 pm only.
RRVAS requires workers
for the Fair. Gates, Exhibition Hall, and Parking Attendants please call Laura Haglin at 487-1888.
***STUDENTS, THIS WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO EARN YOUR COMMUNITY HOURS FOR GRADUATION***
The parade will be held on Saturday August 19th. All participants are asked to assemble on Front Street in Emo at 10:30. Judging will
take place at 11:00 a.m. sharp. The parade will proceed up to the Fair grounds at 12 noon. All information about participating
in the parade is in the fair book. This year’s theme is “TBA.”
MINI KING & QUEEN CONTESTANTS
Contestants must be 4 years to 7 years old. Call Mary Croswell at (807) 487-1105
ADVANCE MIDWAY TICKETS:
- Fort Frances - Wilson's
Stationary & Fort Frances General Supply
- Devlin - Devlynn's,
Devlin Post Office
- Emo - Tompkin's Hardware, Village Variety
& Cloverleaf Shop Easy
- Barwick - Barwick Village Restaurant
- Stratton - Stratton Cafe
- Rainy River - Beaver Mills Market
Advance midway tickets are on sale until Thursday evening August 17th - $28.00
a savings of $5.00. Gate admission is $3.00 per person per day. You do not need advanced midway tickets to enter
the fairgrounds. You can pay your $3.00 admission at the gate.
FOOD VENDORS ARE REQUIRED: Call (807) 487-1888.
The Rainy River Valley Agricultural Society is a proud member of The Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies.
Like us on Facebook!